Friday, January 21, 2011

Da! Da! Da!

After two hours in a very hot court room the judge pronounced the boys adopted by Aaron and myself! I was calm and collected throughout the proceedings (only worrying about whether or not Aaron was going to manage to stay awake in the heat) until she said those words. My heart immediately added a few beats, tears filled my eyes, and I struggled to keep the lump in my throat in down. Thankfully the judge spoke a few minutes longer while I focused on breathing in order to control my emotions. Then she stated that their names would be changed to 'Alexander Danil Zylstra', 'Carter Ivan Zylstra', and 'Eli Matvey Zylstra' - and the words sounded so sweet that I lost my cool again. The minutes that followed brought congratulations from everyone present, which didn't help with the lump. It was a good day indeed :)

So we fly out tomorrow as far as London, then home the next day. A week later I will be leaving with Beth back to Russia. We need to be here Feb 2nd and will get custody of the boys Feb 4th. If I didn't have three darlings at home that I miss terribly, I would certainly just stay in Russia.

So now that court is over with I can post pictures! Except this internet stick is not letting me! Come back in a few days and I'll post a bunch :)

5 comments:

SaraB said...

Congratulations Christine and Aaron!!! How exciting! Praying you have safe travels and that the adjustment for the boys goes as smoothly as possible!

Clayton said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! SO happy that all things have worked out, and pray that you will be given strength in the next weeks as you wait and travel again!! Our God is so good!

Darcie said...

brings tears to my eyes, Chris, so happy for you and Aaron, that this leg of your journey is nearly over! Once you are all home and settled we'll have to come out and meet the boys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Christine and Aaron. Safe trip home and a quiet flight back when you bring your three new sons home. Hugs Allison and Lexie

Lori-Dawn said...

Tears are welling!! Didn't have internet all last week so am now just catching up! Praise Yahweh! Can't wait to see a picture of your "new" family!!! Huge hugs from Jamie and I!