Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boys Boys Boys :)

So lots of good news! First, and most exciting, verbally we got the go ahead from the AB gov't to adopt three! I hope to get the letter saying so this week. Thanks so much for praying! The okay didn't come in time to have the boys medically examined, so we will just have to wait on that. Next, I have almost all of the documents we need for our new dossier, whew! And we got new wonderful pictures, taken just last week by the family who went to see a little girl referral! As I said on Facebook - I am so smitten!
I always get nervous posting pictures on our blog... but since I haven't stated what agency we are with, what region we are adopting from, any specifics like names or ages of the boys, and because I totally want to share with all of you, here they are :)

(Pictures deleted for now at request of agency)

Yup, totally smitten! So, as you may have noticed the baby picture is not the same baby as in the photo we previously got. Since all of these photo's are 'unofficial' and have been taken by famillies who have visited the orphanage, that is why there likely was a mix-up. It is most likely that these pics are of the baby we hope to adopt.

Other good news is that the last two famillies who have adopted from this orphange through our agency only had to wait one month between their first trip and their court date! That is so awesome because I already want these boys home now, and expect for it to be torture to have to wait after getting to meet, play with, and hold them in my arms. A month seems do-able!

It seems crazy that for two years we had nothing but bumps in this adoption road, and since being told about these boys it has been smooth sailing. I pray it continues! Also, I know that my blog name no longer fits - but to change it would only confuse everyone, so it is staying as is.

I was recently asked a question that many of you may be thinking, "Do you think you guys can handle adopting three at once?" I certainly have my worries at times. I am reading a book right now about a child with attachment disorder and it scares the heck out of me, so I pray we won't have that issue. In the meantime we prepare however we can. I know God told us to walk this road, so if the road leads to three darling boys - I trust Him to give us just what we will need.

6 comments:

SaraB said...

Gorgeous little ones! I think they'd fit right into your family! Praying all continues to go smoothly and they can be home soon!

Lori-Dawn said...

Yahweh knows exactly what He's doing! Renounce that fear and keep plodding forward into His will! It sounds exciting and yes a little scary at times! Hugs. I think it will be easier on the three if they are adopted together right? They are a sibling group right?
Bless you guys!
Lori-Dawn

Anonymous said...

Patience has paid of Christine. Will not be long before they are home on Canadian soil. What a wonderful life they will have. Hope the time passes quick. Hugs Allison and Lexie

Anonymous said...

Christine they are adoraable little angels. It will be wonderful and it will be hard. It will be parenting! Gosh I am so touched by the journey your family is on. I pray that your children will blend wonderfully and have an amazing childhood together! love Mona

Bryony said...

Oh Christine, I cried while I read your latest post! It sound pretty postive all of a sudden, and I am super excited for you!

Stacey said...

Hi Christine,
I saw your post on the Canadian yahoo group and wanted to say hi! I am also in Calgary and just brought my boy home 6 weeks ago from Russia. I believe I am friends with the people who you talk about having just come home also in Calgary with their daughter. My blog is frogssnailsnpuppydogtails.blogspot.com and if you would like to get in touch (all of our Calgary Russian kids can have their own little play group!) you can email me sstennant@shaw.ca
All the best in getting rolling on your trip one!
Stacey