Thursday, November 4, 2010

Three Days to Lift-off

So I thought that I would be blogging more these past two weeks since there would be stuff to tell, but turns out that I have simply been so busy that I haven't had the chance!

The first week after finding out our travel date was a tough one. I feel that we were attacked over and over again BUT of course God's plan endures and at the end of the week we finally managed to get tickets booked, childcare in place, visas being processed, and a few puppies off to their new homes. The visas have been quite the struggle though - first our tourist visas were denied (although everyone travels their first trip on tourist visas). We then had to send them double the money for business visas, which were finally approved and mailed out yesterday ...so they should be arriving in Fairview tomorrow (Friday) with not a day to spare since we fly out on Sunday. Ya, a little stressful at times!

As I mentioned, we fly out Sunday (7th) morning and arrive Tuesday (9th) morning because of the change in time zones. Coming back, although just as much flight time, looks a lot better in that we leave Sunday (14th) morning and get back Sunday night. I find it kind of funny that we are flying on a dutch airline and have our layover in Amsterdam since Aaron's family is dutch in heritage and this will be Aaron's first time in Holland ...not sure though if he will get to see anything beyond the airport!

Now back to 'the list' for me... less than three days to go and lots yet to do.

No comments: